Monday, May 31, 2010

Karaoke Night

I love to sing. When I was little that was all I wanted to be. Now I just resort to singing in the shower and the car. Saturday some girls in my ward together for a Karaoke night. It was a blast jamming out to Celine, The Supremes, and tons of others. But what I found to be amazing was how easy it is to remember lyrics to songs. Music is so powerful. It can be uplifting, it can be degrading, and anything else in between. But what is unique about music is that lyrics can stick with us for years. You hear the beginning of the song and the words you haven't thought about for years can come right back. Just goes to show you need to be really really careful about what songs you put into your head because they'll be there for a long long time.

1 comment:

  1. For someone like me who misses singing in a choir, I love karaoke nights - especially with a crazy group of girlfriends, whether for GNO or on a girlfriend trip. You've brought back memories for me thinking of karaoke nights.

    ReplyDelete