Saturday, May 8, 2010

Leap Year

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS POTENTIAL SPOILER INFO IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN LEAP YEAR AND ARE PLANNING TO....



I have been really excited to watch Leap Year and last night I finally got the chance. I think it was because I was so excited that I was a little disappointed. Well that and the fact that I couldn't hear very well. I thought it was a cute movie, had a lot of funny lines, and in the end they got together. Who could really ask for more of a chick flick? But it just reminded me of lecture when we ran down the hall and then talked about attraction and heart rate.

In the movie all these things are going wrong, and for Anna (Amy Adams), who needs everything to be under her control, that was a very hard and stressful thing. But she and Declan made it through all these obstacles together and finally got to Dublin. I'm glad she didn't end up with the cardiologist because he was a jerk but I'm not so sure I like that they got married so fast.

The movie is pretty slow, lots of walking, lots of opportunities to really get to know each other, and they don't use it. They don't really get to know each other at all. They spend most of it in silence because they don't really like each other. Then after the stressful situation is over and Declan isn't there anymore she realizes she can't live without him, goes back to Ireland, and immediately they get married. Is it going to last? Maybe. But where is their foundation? For some people it only takes a few weeks to realize if someone is the love of your life. But for others, like me, it takes awhile. So while I thought it was a cute movie, and am glad they ended up together, I wish it had actually showed them developing a relationship and getting to know each other better. Then I would have been completely sold and loved the movie.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning.:D Although I want to read your blog... hmm.. I Can't wait. Wow.. that's too bad about the movie, I thought it would've been great.. Now that I know, I won't be so disappointed if I do see the movie. I'm glad they got married..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... nice use of theory application. ;-)

    ReplyDelete